Monday, January 3, 2011

CHOCOLATE!! And Memes

So lately I've been feeling kind of addicted to chocolate.  I rediscovered the bag of Hershey's Kisses Sarah Roney gave to me for my birthday... and it all kind of went down hill from there.
For example, I had some pretty amazing hot chocolate the other day.  It's super amazing, let me tell you.  So if you want to make it, here's how I did it:
First, you nucrowave some milk, however much you want.  I think I probably did a little over a cup… but don’t quote me on that.  Enough to almost fill a mug.
Then, once it’s hot, you put in two packets of hot chocolate mix.  Now, before you freak out on me, those packets are meant for 6 ounces of water… and that’s a lot less than one cup.  So don’t feel bad—you’re just following the directions. ;]
Once you’ve got that stirred in, make sure it’s hot.  It’s no fun not hot.  I’m kind of obsessive-compulsive when it comes to making myself food, so here I nucrowaved it for another few seconds.
Now it’s time for marshmallows!!  My SwissMiss came with a little packet of tiny freeze-dried marshmallows, so I poured those on.  But if you have normal marshmallows, that would be even yummier.  Use as many as you want.  Num. :3
Then you put whipped cream on top.  And I’m not talking Cool Whip—I mean from the can.  It’s so much better from the can.  And prettier.  And things always taste better if they’re prettier.  Didn’t you know that?  It’s like a cardinal rule of food, like the fact that grilled cheese only taste wonderful if they’re cut in four triangles.  You can’t have it any other way.
Then it’s time for SPRINKLES!!  Yep, you heard me.  Sprinkles.  I’m addicted to them.  They’re glorious.  Amazing.  Aah, sprinkles.
Get out your chocolate syrup and drizzle it all over the top.  Yum yum yum.
And then you’re done!!  Wrap your hands around that toasty mug and enjoy.
I just love hot chocolate.
My second chocolate creation was a little more bizarre.  I mean, I wanted breakfast.  I was cooling myself some oatmeal, and then I glanced up and my eyes landed on the cocoa mix.  Chocolate oatmeal, you ask?
Yes.  Oh, yes.
I boiled some milk (because I always make oatmeal with milk.  It’s so boring with water).  When it was kind of warm, I scooped out a little and squirted probably a teaspoon or two of chocolate into the little scooper.  (Well, maybe it was a tablespoon or two.  Can’t be sure. ;] )  I stirred it up, and poured the chocolate milk back into the pan.  I stirred it up so all the milk was light brown.
And then, once it started to boil, I poured in the oatmeal, and yadda yadda yadda.  Make the oatmeal like usual.  Boring.
And once it was done, I scooped it into the bowl.  We were out of canned whipped cream, so I scooped on some Cool Whip and more SPRINKLES. *evil laugh here*  And chocolate syrup, of course.
Yumyumyumyumyum.
I meant to take pictures, but by the time I thought of it, I was already halfway through eating them, and the whipped cream had melted from my oatmeal so it wasn’t pretty.
Unhealthy?  Yes.  Yummy? Heck yes.  It’s the end of Christmas break.  I needed something to get me through my schoolwork.
Indulge yourself—or better yet, make something up of your own.  Let me know… I might want to try it after spring break. :]

The other thing this blog post was going to be about is memes!!  I found a website with a whole ton of memes, and already I've filled out two and a half.  So I'm going to put up a new page for memes, if you get bored.  They won't be cannon, probably, and they might be kind of weird.  I appologize, but I shan't be rigging them or changing any questions.  This could result in some potentially awkward scenes.  Correction:  It has resulted in some potentially awkward scenes.  But you'll know them if you come across them, I'm sure. ;]

I think that's all for now.  Except that if you read, I would love it if you comment.  It makes me SO incredibly happy when I go onto my email and it says "Moderate:  New Comment on Parenthetically Bizarre!"
Honestly.  It excites me. (coughcouchpurplehippogirl&Jacqueshouldcommentcoughcough)

Hoping your day has been the best in the history of the first school days right after Christmas break,
Christina

3 comments:

  1. that is quite a bit of chocolate! but it does sound quite delicious... :) maybe i'll try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol! It's so yummy though. I was quite proud of myself once it was all said and done. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds good. I might actually have to try it sometime. Memes are also awesome. Ilovememes. 8D

    AND I HAVE NOT BEEN KEEPING UP WITH YOUR BLOG... OR MINE. KICK ME. D8

    ReplyDelete