Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Last Chance Detectives!

(Okay, so not really.  I did always love them, though.  Great series.)
If you want to read the first draft of Islander, I’d do so now.  Pretty soon I’m going to take it down in preparation of the rewrite going up.
Though I’m not saying you should read it.  It’s pretty bad.  I know first drafts are supposed to be bad and all, but honestly, that thing is not a novel.  It’s just a bunch of words, kind of like I put the idea and all the right words in the blender.  The plot is intact, but the characters need work, and the overall style just needs to die.  It’s like Stephanie Meyer, but worse.
Aaaand now I’m going to pretend like I didn’t make that statement and hide in hopes my friends who are Twilight fangirls don’t eat me alive~
But I just wanted to give you a head’s up.  First draft is coming down at the end of February.  If you don’t, great.  You’ll just be that much more impressed when you read the rewrite!  And that’s always exciting.
I don’t know if the *rewrite* will be done by February, but hey.  That’s what we’ll shoot for.  I’m definitely hoping that it’ll be done before May so I can get a free proof copy!  Thank you, CreateSpace.  You are my new love.
If you want a little update, so far I’ve got 2,054 words and plenty of inspiration.  I’m turning it from a 20 chapters to 8, not including the prologue/epilogue.  So far Hero has become 90% more manly.  (That might only have to do with the fact that I went from being a 13-year-old girl who didn’t know what she was doing writing a 17-year-old guy to a 16-year-old girl writing a 17-year-old guy who is working with him to make it all work out in the end.  (In the way that Islander all works out in the end, that is.))  I’ve listened to way too many How To Train Your Dragon songs and I’ll probably listen to way too many more. And so far I’ve stayed up until midnight/1 AM-ish two nights working on it.
Aah, this is the life.  I wouldn’t give up doing this for the world. ^_^

Oh, and a quick shoutout!  I love my followers and my buddies that comment!  You guys are fabulous.  You have no idea how happy I am when I get on and see that silly little link that says 1 comment.  I love seeing in the ‘Followers’ box the faces and names of people I know.  Yay~  You all make me so happy.
And those of you that don’t, well.  Get your act together.
No, just kidding.
Kind of.
And now the rest of you are thinking about eating me.  I think I’m going to stop babbling now. ;]
Love ya, Mista Han!  Peace!
Christina

2 comments:

  1. eat you? lol, they wouldn't dare. if they ate you, you would just eat them back!

    ok, that came out a little grosser than i anticipated...

    anyway. i'm a fan now! here to beat off stalkers and troll your blog. ^_^ great work, keep writing. you're way totally awesome at writing, and you can only get better with time ^_^

    nee-san

    ReplyDelete
  2. lulz! You're such a good potentially awkward big brother. *glomps*

    And shank you very much. ^_^ I love your use of two intensives in that sentence. XD

    ReplyDelete