Thursday, June 2, 2011

SUMMER IS HERE~!

SO.
I know I keep writing these update posts, but this one is kind of hard.
Because, I mean, a lot has happened….
but not much has happened.
After all, IT’S SUMMER NOW!  Which is great.  This also means that not much has happened.  But I haven’t posted in a while, so a lot has happened.  Make sense?
Maybe not.
Well, the first piece of business is that SCHOOL IS OVER.  But with school being over, my mother had turned off the internet on my laptop.  Which, we suppose, is okay, but Seiji George and I are finding it a lot harder to survive without Grooveshark, and the death of the interwebs will also make it harder to post, which is something I wanted to do more frequently throughout the summer.
But the internet being down led to my rewriting of the prologue of Islander, and it’s better now, and I didn’t kill the voice of the book.  (SCORE.)  I hope to be working on it a lot more, since I have some free time at my nannying job after I’m off-duty.
In my life, I’ve also stayed up until 3 am at a sleepover once, been to one swim party, went to the mall to window-shop once, and read one book.
But it’s only been like a week, guys!  So no judging.
And I got my hair cut by my super talented and enchanting best friend at her beauty school!

Lest you think I'm getting too much of a life, I’ve also played a lot of Super Smash Bros. Brawl.  Toon Link and I have been pwning up a storm, let me tell you.

As for writing?  Well, some.  For my writing class I had to write a short story, which was SO FUN.  I rewrote Islander’s prologue, as I mentioned above.  I’ve written some dialogues between a new character of mine (who I’m not sure if I’ve introduced to you all yet, but I might have… It’s been so long.)
If I had all the time in the world, I’d be rewriting like crazy.  Hitchhiker and Islander in particular, but we’ll see.

Thanks for your patience!  I’ll post some actual writing stuff soon, I promise. ^_^
Peace, love, and hippos,
Christina Icarus

1 comment:

  1. I knew you would returnnnn!! =D YAYNESS FOR SUMMER! Even now I sit at the computer, trying to finish my American History. URGH. I hate the workbook -_- The textbook I can love, but not the workbook.

    Anyway, that stinks that you lost interwebz for the summer. Or maybe not. I'm actually considering ASKING my mother to disconnect me--it's just too distracting for me, as demonstrated when I sit down to write and spend all of my time browsing Awkward Family Photos or Fozzymillow's DeviantArt page ._. But I WILL miss my Grooveshark, too (squee! Such a cool site!).

    ReplyDelete