Thursday, June 9, 2011

Told You I'd Be Back~ (Update 16)

HAI GUYS! :D
I’ve got two things to put forth for your reading pleasure today.  I think I’ve decided to stop calling things I write like this poems, and start calling them something else.  They’re not really poems to me… they’re just word patterns.  Detached patterns used to convey an idea.  Poetry?  I’m not about to claim it’s poetry.   It would have to be much more elegant to be considered poetry in my mind.
So here are two patterns for you. :]
This first one was written when I was tired.  Not super tired, but a physical tiredness instead of a sleepy tiredness.  Taken and stretched horribly out of proportion, I actually came up with a kind of interesting little pattern.


Sunglare
June 9, 2011

fatigue
I can feel the weary ache
seep
through every tendon
and muscle
bone
I’ve been climbing sand dunes
in this desert
heat
makes the world swim about me
dry
everything so
dry
and I’m so tired
can’t I just
lie down and rest
and rest
until the life returns


This one was written when I was thinking about Falling Up, which, as many of you know, is my inspiration band.  They have a new record dropping June 28th, and I’m pretty much psyched beyond words.
It’s not about Falling Up, of course…  It’s just kind of bizarre like all of my writings that are inspired by them are.  I hope you enjoy it~

past.Atmosphere
June 9, 2011

Thousands of pale faces in the darkness
You can hear the crying wails of the tortured souls
Crying over what they did
and what they never tried
Regret is a hazy miasma that cloaks your lungs as you breathe
and you try to escape, but there’s nowhere to go

Turn
and feel the lights
blinking, blinking
falling across your face
they’re calling
but are you listening

Spectral fingers brush your cheek as you passed
Imploring do you know what you want, what you need to do
Saying “please be sure
you must be sure”
You try to ignore the caresses and cries of the past
but there’s nowhere to go, this is nowhere to be

Turn
and feel the lights
blinking, blinking
falling across your face
they’re calling
but are you listening

A knife in the night
a shot in the light
a car on the street
ten-thousand feet
a jar all alone
a cause still unknown

Turn
and feel the lights
blinking, blinking
falling across your face
they’re calling
but are you listening

(the choice is none but yours now)

Turn
and face the lights
shining, shining
leave the memories
forget the pain
they’ve been calling
and now you’re listening

(there’s nowhere to go but the day now)


That’s pretty much all!
Seiji Amasawa says ciao,
Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment