Thursday, August 11, 2011

To Everything Its Season (A Poem)

Loss


and


gain

I don't think there's a clear line
on which is which

I don't think it matters
as much

as things
that are changing


things are changing



Loss


and


gain

and who knows where one begins
and the other ends
and they all know
and we both know
it doesn't matter

it's simply

change

and everything is changing







Gain

and

loss

affect us all
in a million ways
in our a million days

None two the same
none two identical

but similar



Gain

and

loss

happen at the same time
all of the time

simultaneous
the same?

no

just similar







Loss
and
gain

two occurrences
two ideas
two effects

it's change
for everyone



Loss
and
gain

they happen
to everyone, you know
two things
every one

absolutely
every one







Gain and loss
Gain and loss

Both

In time

3 comments:

  1. That was lovely :3 You have a brilliant rhythm... I also liked your spacing. It added to the whole "passing of time" you mentioned in the poem :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd have to agree with Elisabeth. Perfect rhythm... and I love the spacing as well.

    Well done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you enjoyed it! I was going to blog about this idea, but when I sat down to write this is what happened instead.

    It's just kind of where I've been lately... the gain of one thing, the loss of another, in just about every area of my life. It's kind of bizarre, this kind of change, but I suppose there's always a time for renovation and I have few qualms with it. It's bittersweet.

    ReplyDelete