Thursday, September 29, 2011

GoodReads! Also A Tiny Update.

So I joined GoodReads, guys!  I am not sure what this means.  Hopefully that I will be reading more books.

Anyhow.  Profile is here!  Be my friend if you know me!

(Hopefully you do if you are reading my blog, yes? ^~^ )

Also.  I am writing something.  Something FICTIONAL.  With CHARACTERS.
I don't know if it has come to your attention lately, but I have not been writing much.  I have been reading Dante and John Hus and James Madison and Abeka Consumer Mathematics In Christian Perspective (R) and not so much fiction books, so I have not been really inspired.  But Elisabeth my love posted a meme on her site and I decided to try, to see if I really had starved my muses completely to death this school year.

AND GUESS WHAT GUYS. 
THEY ARE STILL ALIVE.

In fact I feel like I'm connecting with my charries better now.  Maybe it was a good thing to step back and take a break, hmm?  My characters' individual personalities are really coming through in this so far, and it's kind of exciting.  Maybe I'll throw it up here for you to read when you're bored if I finish it and it is not awful.


It will probably be awful though.

And I will probably slap it on here anyway.

I am that excited.

Yeah, well, gotta start in on John Calvin's Institutes of Christian Religion.  Zeesh.  Wake me when it's over. -_-

Peace, love, and all that,

Christina Kuri Icarus

2 comments:

  1. I went into sporadic spasms of joy when I recieved your friend request :] I love GoodReads, especially for the quote compendium. I must say that since GoodReads, I quote Dr. Seuss quite a lot XD

    AND YAY FOR WRITING! Taking a break is a definite help (at least it was for me). But getting it going again can be tough. I'm glad to hear it's going well :3

    CALVIN. I read an abbreviated version for Bible two years in a row and almost DIED. He was a great thinker, no doubt about that. But reading him is quite a challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I quote Dr. Seuss all of the time. "I do not like it in a box. I do not like it with a fox. I do not like it in a house. I do not like it with a mouse. I do not like it here or there. I do not like it anywhere! I do not like it, Sam-I-am! I do not like green eggs and ham!" Only I usually insert whatever I do not like at the end, be it homework or Justin Bieber or diet soda. XD

    GoodReads is GREAT so far. It's so cool!! :D I love it.

    Yeah, and with a six month break I was kind of freaking out. But it seems okay! I just have to find more time to write now. DX
    I still want to go to that conference. *crosses fingers*

    It's good! It's really good! And I understand it and enjoy it, what's NOT good is that I have a deadline. I need more time to digest this than what I'm getting. Which means I'm doing homework on a Saturday again. Blahhhh, :<

    ReplyDelete