Tuesday, October 25, 2011

NaNoWriMo Begins In: 6:02:16:55 ... 54 ... 53 ...

Six days, guys.

"Until what?" you ask, you oblivious fool.

UNTIL NANOWRIMO.

National Novel Writing Month, November annually.  It's thirty word-packed,  caffeine-saturated, insanity-propelled days of writing PANIC, peppered with breakdowns and plot bunnies and terror and excitement and tears.  So many tears, both of happiness and joy.  Sometimes you can't even tell why you're crying, but you are.

"Okay?" You blink, taken aback by my vehemence and my calling you a fool.  You have no clue why this is such an issue.

BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE A PLOT YET.

SOMEONE SHOOT ME.

Preferably with an inspiration gun?  Kthnx.


I have to have a plan.  I have to outline. I have to plot.  I have to calculate and numerate and divide chapters and look up names for characters and create twists and spend hours on my computer figuring this out. 

I can't not plan. I mean, last year I knew what I was writing about on October 12th, the year before that on the 21st.

AND I DON'T EVEN HAVE A FREAKING PLOT.

I mean, I maybe kind of have a plot.  Perhaps?  It's all so confusing.

I have an idea for four main characters, and... Well basically, they all know/knew each other, but due to an accident YEARS AGO girl A and girl B were left for dead or worse, guy C has no emotions and guy D is just kind of confused and scarred for life and doesn't remember everything because he was like ten...  But girl A got found and sold into slavery and now serves guy C without knowing who he is, and girl B wants to kill guy D for leaving her because she wasn't really dead at all, and A, B, and D are siblings, and D and C are about to inherit kingdoms?  Maybe C already has?

BUT THAT'S JUST BACKSTORY.  I DON'T HAVE ANY CLUE WHAT THE REAL PLOT IS.

I think maybe there are mystical gems and strange things about powers and divine interference, and D has to go out and find some gems, but C wants to kill him for taking jewels that C needs?  And then there are gods and there's something about not being able to rule without these jewels and C doesn't have the ones he needs but it's a secret... And also how do A and B fit into that plot at all?

And there's something about ears.  That's important.

GUYS, I don't even know.  I am so confused. 

I am not doing so well and I might even have a breakdown before my novel even begins.

Gahhhh.

Christina Icarus

4 comments:

  1. *comforts*

    You know, your post sounds a lot like my brain right now. It's screaming, "Stop dawdling around with characters and give me a PLOT!" I have a story--the stories my grandmother told me. But that doesn't help with the actual plot of my book--what events in what order and who shows up when and where people meet and where they part.

    I'm. So. Confused.

    Last year's NaNo was totally on the wing. It was a character-driven story, because my charries were awesome but my plot stunk. And it's turning out to be that kind of year again. Why do I DO this to myselffff?

    Still, I'm SPAZZED. Can't wait. This is gonna be fun :3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gahhhhh I know.

    *comforts you back*

    I might maybe had a plot though. I think. It'll have to do, anyhow... we're too close to go back now, I think.

    It will! It will it will it will. But still. BRAIN, FUNCTION. MAKE ME A BOOK. THANK YOU. Goodbye. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahaha! The point of no return! *throws tacos*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahahahaha! It's all insanity from here on out~! *dances in taco rain*

    ReplyDelete