Wednesday, October 12, 2011

They're Hard to Take Care of But Often Make My Day

My foster brothers, that is.

This was our conversation driving in the car the other day.  We were passing a lake, and some people had taken their boats for a float that day.

Dan (age four): "LOOK, CHRISTINA!!  Boats!!"
Me: "Yeah, boats are fun, huh?"
Dan: "Boats are fun.  With them you can go to to to to to people's houses, and and and and parties, and everywhere!"
Me: "Yeah, they are cool.  When you grow up you can have one, okay?"
Dan: "When I grow up, I'm gonna be the man that's that's that's driving the boat."
Me:  "Oh, okay."
Peyton (age two): "When I grow up, I'm gonna be... (pause, watches boat) Spiderman!"
Me: "Ohhh, Spiderman?"
Peyton: "YEAHHHHHHH!!"
Dan: "And then and then you can pick us up in the boat."
Peyton: "And then I'm gonna pick you up in the boat, okay?"

I just grinned and nodded.  Apparently Spiderman can pick up boats now.  It's a recent development. ;]

2 comments:

  1. Oh my word. I'm tearing up :') Those moments for us were like tiny rays of sunshine peeking through a very dark cloud. Hold onto those moments--they're hiding somewhere, deep inside. It's just so hard to reach the place where you find the real little boy through all the confusion on the outside. Your family is doing a good thing, Christina. It's rewarding in the end :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so beautiful and sweet <3

    ReplyDelete