Monday, November 7, 2011

NaNoWriMo '11: Blood is Thick


Prologue
The wind whispered across the snow, sweeping the white ash through the air.  Horses, riderless, stood in the cold, ducking their heads to keep the burning from their eyes.  A tiny figure sat on a third horse, flakes gathering on his eyelashes as hot tears spilled from his eyes and froze as they trickled down his cheeks.  Below him, in the ravine, blood had melted the snow before freezing into a glossy scarlet sheet over the ice.
Death was before him, the icy tundra on all sides.
There was no escape from the oppression that surrounded him.  Shaking, the child threw his head back and tore the sky with his wail.



There it is:  the prologue to my 2011 writing adventure that is National Novel Writing Month.  Exciting, huh?
Yeah, that's probably the best thing that I've written thus far.  It's kind of insane and totally bizarre.  Like, I'm 9,002 words in and I'm only on plot point two?  That kind of insane.
I have a feeling I'm not going to be done with the book at all by the time I have 50,000 words.  Which is amusing, because in the past I've finished with 50,010 and 50,008 words on November 30th.

Also.

Sorry I haven't posted in a while, but I've been working on that and things in my life are kind of jacked right now and I'm waiting for something to change while trusting God the best I know how.  Run-on sentence?  Maybe.  I can only think for so long in a day. :]
I'll try to post more regularly, both here and on five.minute.anyday..  You guys deserve it, you lovely readers. :3
Love,
Christina Icarus

3 comments:

  1. That's insanely epic. I'm doing a NaNoWriWhenever (you're gonna have to read my blog to find out) and it's coming slowly. Slooooooowly. I may need help. I have a ton of Sparklers assisting me but you're the only one missing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, your NaNo novels sounds amazingly... awesome. :D
    And, just because it's creepy, I have to say that this prologue reminds me of the prologue I have for my barely started book Red. In fact... it's almost exactly the same - the concept anyway. Scaryyyy. ._.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, thanks guys. That's the best part.

    Whaaaaat, Jeanette?!!? Really? That is so funny. You must tell me more. XD

    ReplyDelete