Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Most Wonderful

I'm feeling very Christmassy today.

Yesterday was the last co-op of 2011.

This Thursday I'll be making all kinds of Christmas goodies, cookies and treats with my brothers and grandmother (the majority of the cookies will probably be eaten by the two adults and three teenagers in my house before Christmas Eve).

This weekend I'm going to go ice skating with two dear friends of mine, and we're going to make sugar cookies and sing Christmas songs, I'm sure.

My first Christmas takes place on the 18th, when I'll be at my grandmother's house, eating Russian tea cakes and humming Silent Night.

I'm going caroling on the twentieth, to stand in the cold and sing songs about Jesus in the frosty air with some people I'm rather fond of.


And afterward I get to go to the house of one of these people I'm rather fond of, and made ginger bread houses with even more lovely friends.  I've got my fingers crossed hoping there will be hot chocolate with marshmallows.

I ate a candy cane today, the first this year, all red and white and minty and nostalgic.

Christmas day is right around the corner, and I'm still looking for a red Christmas dress.

I'm not really sure what the point to this post was, except to remind you to revel in the half-moons of condensation that form under your  fingers as you stare through the sparkling windowpanes at the shining Christmas lights.

Many seasonal returns to you,
Christina Icarus

Have a holly, jolly Christmas;
It's the best time of the year

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas
And the prettiest sight to see is the holly that will be
on your own front door

Have yourself a merry little Christmas
May your heart be light
From now on your troubles will be out of sight

Outside the snow is falling
And friends are calling yoohoo

There'll be parties for hosting 
Marshmellows for toasting
and caroling out in the snow

I believe that Jesus is truly the only way
I celebrate Christmas because it's His birthday

Remember Christ the Savior was born on Christmas day
To save us all from Satan's power when we ere gone astray

Rejoice
Rejoice
Emmanuel has come
He has come

5 comments:

  1. I made a Christmas Playlist today. It made me INSANELY happy :3 YAY! We're on break, too! I still have to work next week, but THAT DOESN'T MATTER, because it's CHRISTMASTIME =D I love Christmas :3 As if you couldn't tell...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah tsk, tsk Elisabeth, you're behind the times , dear. I made a Christmas playlist on Halloween XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. FWAH. What good is a Christmas playlist on Halloween? I'm still outside looking for the Great Pumpkin days after Halloween XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate Christmas until Christmas actually comes, then I LOVE it.

    And I have only three more words for you: JINGLE BELL TIME!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Christmas Playlist consists of some of the songs from Rockin Around the Christmas Tree, Let It Snow Baby...Let it Rein Deer, and MercyMe The Christmas Sessions.

    ReplyDelete