Friday, February 17, 2012

The 101st: An Update


Hey, guys.  So this is a blog where I’m supposed to be writing about writing.  And this is me, not writing.
Cuz that’s what good writers do, amirite?
But the truth is, I have been writing, a little.  Been working on something I’ve let rest for a while.  Been rewriting an old story (an old, old story).  Most of you don't know it.  Some of you know it, but it's got a new opening.  And it starts out like this:
The sun was intolerable.  There wasn’t a breath of wind and I swear I was sweating more than should be humanly possible.  The summer hadn’t been kind—in fact, it had been one of the hottest recorded in this state, and the sun wasn’t letting me forget it as it seared into the back of my neck.  I would have sunburn in no time if I didn’t get into shade soon.
It was bad enough I was even standing here, my dingy green duffel on the dusty ground next to my worn flip-flops, and it was even worse that I had my thumb sticking out.
For the first time in my nineteen years, I was hitchhiking.

I probably won’t be posting it on here because I just won’t, but if you’re interested in reading shoot me an email and we’ll see what we can do.
Happy February! :]
Christina Kuri Icarus

5 comments:

  1. .-. i feel very very out of touch xD *doesnt know what story this is* but i want to read it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really good opening. Sounds like a great story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a hook you've written =D That's pretty amazing. I should very much like to read more, when you get it down on paper :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You already know I'm interested... I think. I mean... it's probably a given since I'm obsessed with your writings. xD

    AND I THINK I KNOW THIS STORY. YES!! 8D

    ReplyDelete
  5. JEANETTE YOU DO KNOW THIS STORY!

    I don't know if Ami knows it. Maybe. It's a possibility.

    Kind of hit a wall in working on it but not really. Just waiting for some spare time/a cuppa tea for inspiration. :]

    Thanks for the compliments~

    ReplyDelete