Sunday, July 22, 2012

La di dah...

Hey there.

Sorry about not blogging for a while.  There hasn't really been much to talk about (that's a blatant lie, there's a million things to talk about but I've been preoccupied).

Well, I guess I start off by saying that I went to Summit again.

Absolutely incredible.  I met a million new people and all of them were precious and I learned so much more than last year (which is saying something because I learned SO MUCH last year).  I got to meet my lovely internet friend Eri whom I love more than life itself and I can say that she's the cutest person IN THE WHOLE UNIVERSE oh my goodness.  Seriously.

Struggling right now with how to turn my convictions into action because I'm the laziest most unproductive person in the whole world and I'm the queen of wasted time.

I'm going to college, though.  A Bible college, for a degree in biblical counselling. Orientation is the 23rd.

Look at me, all grown up.

I go from excited to apprehensive, from terrified to apathetic.

I am truly a beast of many emotions.

Speaking of emotions, I saw The Amazing Spiderman.

I cried more than 6 times.

Woooooooooooo~!

ANDREW GARFIELD, THOUGH. AND THAT STUTTER. AUGHAUGHAJDSF;AS;AKLSJLA; *dies*

Anyway.

Haven't seen Batman yet.  I was going to threaten you if you spoil it before I see it but there should be no jokes about violence and that film ever again.

Oh, the depths of human depravity.

There were babies in that theatre.  Little babies, little kids, precious impressionable human being, being subjected to watch a fellow human being reduce their friends, their families, the man in front of them into nothing but bleeding bodies, completely empty of all the glorious life we have within us.  Little babies, watching this violence.  Little babies, being shot.


Babies.

My heart is heavy right now.

And I can listen to Cher Lloyd and pretend like everything is okay and laugh and poke fun at all my friends but the fact is, people died, and people die every day, and it's not okay.

It's just not okay with me.

Apologies.  Like I said, my heart is just heavy right now.

How far heaven is from this poor, decrepit world!

Christina Kuri

3 comments:

  1. Another fellow Summitter! Where did you go? I went to Manitou Springs last summer, and it was AWESOME. Amen on turning convictions into action. Always the struggle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there~! I went to Manitou last summer and went again this summer. What session were you
    Also, how on earth did you find my blog? hahaha :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maeve Buchanan is one of your subscribers (not sure how she found it, or if she knows you personally O.o) and she referred this blog to me. It's quite wonderfully full of oddities!
      I went to session three last summer. It was awesome. :)

      Delete